Skip to main content

life of an educator...

The Start

Not once I dreamed of becoming a teacher. I dreamed to be an engineer after high school, went to a technology school, finished electrical engineering technology course and took bachelors degree in electrical engineering. Started working in a semiconductor manufacturing company for almost 7 years before deciding to stop working and go back to my home town for further studies. That time it was a big decision to make, finish my EE degree or take computer engineering instead or electronics engineering. I indeed taking information management that started my whole computer career. Back in my semicon days, I worked as an AutoCAD operator, doing all spare parts drawing for our company and that's the closest engagement I have with computers and I mean work related, who can forget the counter strike sessions I have with my board mates in Muntinlupa back then? ;) After graduation, I tried to land a job in China with a help from a friend but wasn't able to get the spot. Decided to go on some freelance to work for some local businesses and later was offered by my former professor  a teaching job in the same university where I graduated. I did not think twice and simply grabbed the opportunity, coming from a family of educators I feel confident that I can face the challenge and deliver what is expected from me. Being one is not an easy task, trying to compare with my former job, it is not like an 8 to 5 thing, everyday is a new challenge, everyday is a new learning, and the interaction with the students are just awesome. It's been 5 years now since the first day and things are not even at its peak, have yet to finish some things to fully complete the picture.

The Noble Job is next... peace!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change is Coming!

After a much heated campaigns the election fever are almost finally over. Pending the final canvassing of votes by the congress the people have chosen a new leader to rule the country for the next 6 years. The presumptive president is a mayor from a city down south of the Philippines known for his iron fisted style of government. What makes this election interesting is the process on how people now choose their leaders. Traditionally, we oath to go for people with great experience, plans, smart and proper character and attitude someone we normally call 'honorable'. This election changed that idea, people now go for leaders with real simple plans to solve recurring problems in the society, strong work portfolio to showcase their capability to govern and implement real solutions. Good luck to the newly elected president, I wish you well in your quest to change this country into something everyone wish it should be. Peace!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

The year is about to end and yes it was one challenging and full of adventure 2018. Who would thought that after 10 years I'm still here working in a university, something I didn't even plan to pursue but probably it was a decision that I took and never regretted. Starting from an engineering background which is also the first job I took at a semiconductor manufacturing company for so many years and later going back to college and shifted into programming. To look back, the Singapore trip with my colleagues is one for the books, it was a fun filled adventure going around Singapore, visiting Google Singapore office and Expedia, the food and meeting our former students and workmates who are now based there. Last May, I was fortunate to be given a chance to visit Google at Mountain View, CA and attended the  GDG Leaders Summit and Google I/O 2018. Meeting my co-leads from the my own country and the rest of the world is an experience one would appreciate a lot, basically lea